Friday, October 30, 2009

Feels like Saturday...

Last night Ellie and I went to an event held at Imperial College to launch Stonewall UK's job recruitment guide. The event launched the guide and was also a networking event for students and other job-seekers to meet with queer-friendly employers. They had free wine and canape. I did some networking! I met this American man who works for Stonewall, he moved to the UK to be with his partner, he got his master's at the GI! We have a lot in common. He gave me his card, so I am going to make sure to keep in touch. He also said he would connect me with one of his colleagues who works with LGB youth, as that is where a lot of my experience lies. Ellie talked with someone from the Arts Council and has a possible internship! All very exciting.

Today I have not done very much! It is nice to relax. I have been sick with a cold, but today started feeling a lot better. Tonight we're going to a vigil against hate crimes in Trafalgar Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment