Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Small world!

Today I ran into someone I used to go to school with in Guadalajara! He is from Canada and is in his second year of his PhD at the LSE! I used to hang out with him 3-4 times a week. And we hung out for a whole weekend at the beach right before I left Mexico. It was quite strange to run into him. I think we are going to go out for a pint at some point.

I have had a frustrating day. I went to my bank to deposit my financial aid checks and was told that I wouldn't be able to deposit them because they were made out to me and LSE. The man behind the counter said I would have to have it just made out to me. But this is how everyone's financial aid checks are! After he denied me (a bit rudely I might add), I talked to another person walking around the bank and finally had it resolved. It was stressful for awhile though! The same man who refused to take my checks was the one who had to enter them. He was just uninformed. I really need that money, I am living off of my money in my American account.

Speaking of money, I took £100 out of my American account today and I am left with £10! I spent £80 on course readers for 3 classes. I was not happy to find out that total. I also bought lunch, coffee, and allergy medicine - and thus the £10 left. I can't wait until my financial aid checks clear.

I spent the rest of the day working on reading for tomorrow's class. I am only about 1/2 way through the reading. I plan to go to campus early tomorrow to finish the readings. So much reading! I really have to keep on top of it or there is no way I can keep up.

I have joined a study group for my "Gender Theories" class. I am optimistic about keeping up with the course work this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment