Friday, September 18, 2009

Anthropological Film Screenings and 3rd day in London

I think I have overcome my jet lag. Today I spent the day at the Shortwave Cinema in Bermondsey. All of the people on Ellie's MA in Visual Anthropology showed their films in a proper theater. Ellie was 3rd to last, but we went for the whole day, starting at 10am. The film subjects varied, in subject and quality. And the room was uncomfortably hot. However, it was a good experience- Ellie's film was quite good and I got to meet some of Ellie's friends and spend time with her family after.

On an unrelated note, I am astounded at how fast the £10 I put on my oyster card goes away. I took 2 trips on the tube today and over half of the money is gone. I am going to get a student oyster card soon, which will help reduce the pain of £'s rushing out of my possession.

Fall/winter is in the air and I am excited for the premiere of Strictly Come Dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment