Saturday, September 19, 2009

Busy Saturday

I broke the shower today. Yep, less than a week in and I managed to charm it up enough to actually break the shower. In reality, the shower was possibly not that far from breaking because the lever was increasingly hard to turn. But why did I have to be the one to break it?! We will be without a shower for a week (there is a bathtub we can use) until we get a plumber in to fix it.

Ellie and I spent the better part of today finding shoes for Ellie's first day at the BBC. We went to Kingston to do this shopping. In the evening Ellie, her 2 brothers, her brother's girlfriend, mom, and I had dinner together. We had a turkish dish called "turlu turlu." Ellie and I did a lot of the cooking for this, as her mom was preoccupied with a cleaning task. This was a really fun night - her mom and brother talked about me as part of the family! I think I am starting to fit in well there.

Tomorrow will be a rest day and then I will fill my week with tasks - phone, bank account, and other things I have needed to do.

1 comment:

  1. I had to look up what "turlu turlu" was, it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete